Wednesday 19 January 2022

A Marriage of Lions by Elizabeth Chadwick

 
 


I have read some good historical fiction lately including Cecily, What The Lady Wants,  and Mrs England

 

A Marriage of Lions is set in the times of Henry III.  It is clearly written and obviously well researched.  I was interested in the period but found this a little 'bloodless' compared to Cecily.  Maybe, because of the historical accuracy.  There would be a relatively short chapter followed by a year's jump in time to the next.

 

So thanks to Helen of She Reads Novels for her post about the book.  I'm glad I read it.  And the cover is spectacular!

3 comments:

  1. I need to read more by this author. I like her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her writing is always well researched. A good author for those who like their history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I’ll add this one to my Goodreads list. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers