Wednesday 13 October 2021

Mrs England by Stacey Halls

  


Mrs England is an accomplished well written historical book.  It is focussed in Edwardian times on a Norland Nanny whose main placement is with a Yorkshire mill owner and his wife – the Englands.

 

At times I felt this book was going to veer off the rails and be a bit triggering – but the author brought it back. 

 

I found out about this book through Carpe Librum – thanks Tracey.  She described the book as a slow moving gothic tale – I didn't find it too slow moving and don't quite know what makes a book gothic.  But I'm glad I read it.

 

If you have been the victim of a master manipulator, you may be quite affected by this story – so a warning.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers