Wednesday 5 July 2023

Books You Loved: July Edition!

 



Books You Loved: June Edition  once again provided reviews of some great books. Thank you to all. Here are some posts that caught my eye:

Jessica of The Bookworm Chronicles brought over Heidi by Johanna Spyri.  She said 'Overall. I thought Heidi was a timeless coming-of-age tale, that explores the power of love, nature, and a simpler life, as well as how to overcome hardships with thankfulness. An utterly delightful read, that brought me comfort, joy and solace. It is a classic for a reason!'

Melissa posted on Chick Lit Central about Hazel Fine Sings Along by Katie Wicks.  She said 'Catherine McKenzie … debut as Katie Wicks hits it out of the park! It is such a fun and interesting story. I even got teary-eyed a couple of times. I really liked getting to know Hazel and seeing what it was like behind the scenes of a reality music competition.'

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews brought us The Collected Regrets of Clover by Mikki Brammer.  She said 'Readers who are looking for something different, wonderful characters, wonderful writing, and an actual heartwarming theme will like this book. 5/5'

Stray Thoughts brought us an oldie – Miss Buncle's Book by D.E Stevenson.  She summed up by saying 'Overall this was a fun book with a very satisfactory ending.'  I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Lastly for this month, The Burgeoning Bookshelf posted about Dawnlands by Phillipa Gregory.  She said 'Dawnlands is a story of tyranny, greed, slavery and the fight for equality and freedom. …Gregory states that Dawnlands took three years to write and I think it was well worth the wait. Her writing is captivating and it flows effortlessly from one scene to the next with each point of view being just as interesting as the last.'

 

Now on to the Books You Loved: July Edition. There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard  to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 

 

9 comments:

  1. Posted. Just realized I shared #16 and #17 last month. Sorry for the repeats. Please feel free to remove.
    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just added two books. Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention! I ended up reading all of Stevenson's Miss Buncle books and really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mention, Carole 😊 Sadly no new reviews to share this time, but hopefully have some more for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I shared my interview with author Linda Corbett. I'm reading her What Would Jane Austen Do? these days, which is great fun, perfect leisure summer read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of great books already this month,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great books were recommended here. Heidi was the very first book I owned, that is always special to me. And I can highly recommend Dear America as suggested by the Captivated Reader.
    My suggestions are quite different, though both about larger cities, Cairo and New York.
    Thanks for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for adding Dawnlands to the Books You Loved June Edition. It is a fabulous read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming in at the end of July I brought two more books. V for Victory is a followup to Crooked Heart by the same author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers