Wednesday, 21 November 2018

Cookbooks




I have a difficult relationship with cookbooks.  I get a lot of them out of the library and generally only find a small handful of interesting recipes in each one.

I do own a small number of cookbooks (less than 10) – I used to have a lot more but gave most of them away when I got into using the library.

The ones I own include:

Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan (also one of my Top 20 Books)


Curry Easy by Madhur Jaffrey

Edmonds Cookery Book – a Kiwi staple

The Cook's Companion by Stephanie Alexander


In addition to these I would recommend a few others to you as well:

Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat
Coming Un Stuck by Sarah Tuck

I hope this gives you some inspiration.  What are your favourite cookbooks?

1 comment:

  1. I have a difficult relationship with cookbooks for the reason you mentioned as well. I've donated many of them to the public library in the past and kept only a few that I actually use (or those for posterity from my grandmother).

    With access to the internet, I find it much easier to find free recipes online than buying new cookbooks.

    However with that said, I do have two favorite cookbooks that I've kept in my collection:

    1. The Easier You Make It, The Better It Tastes! by Jayni & Frank Carey.

    I bought this cookbook in 1996 or 1997 when my husband and I first moved in together. At the time I had just graduated from college and wasn't much of a cook, so found this cookbook great as it had a lot of easy recipes that I loved making and tasted great.

    Here's a link to a post I made about the above mentioned cookbook:

    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/01/whats-your-all-time-favorite-cookbook.html

    2. Run Fast. Eat Slow.: Nourishing Recipes for Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky

    I'm not an athlete, but I love the healthy recipes in this cookbook.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers