Wednesday 21 November 2018

Cookbooks




I have a difficult relationship with cookbooks.  I get a lot of them out of the library and generally only find a small handful of interesting recipes in each one.

I do own a small number of cookbooks (less than 10) – I used to have a lot more but gave most of them away when I got into using the library.

The ones I own include:

Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan (also one of my Top 20 Books)


Curry Easy by Madhur Jaffrey

Edmonds Cookery Booka Kiwi staple

The Cook's Companion by Stephanie Alexander


In addition to these I would recommend a few others to you as well:

Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat
Coming Un Stuck by Sarah Tuck

I hope this gives you some inspiration.  What are your favourite cookbooks?

1 comment:

  1. I have a difficult relationship with cookbooks for the reason you mentioned as well. I've donated many of them to the public library in the past and kept only a few that I actually use (or those for posterity from my grandmother).

    With access to the internet, I find it much easier to find free recipes online than buying new cookbooks.

    However with that said, I do have two favorite cookbooks that I've kept in my collection:

    1. The Easier You Make It, The Better It Tastes! by Jayni & Frank Carey.

    I bought this cookbook in 1996 or 1997 when my husband and I first moved in together. At the time I had just graduated from college and wasn't much of a cook, so found this cookbook great as it had a lot of easy recipes that I loved making and tasted great.

    Here's a link to a post I made about the above mentioned cookbook:

    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/01/whats-your-all-time-favorite-cookbook.html

    2. Run Fast. Eat Slow.: Nourishing Recipes for Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky

    I'm not an athlete, but I love the healthy recipes in this cookbook.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers