Wednesday 12 April 2023

The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times by Michelle Obama

 


 

Please overlook the politics (whatever yours are) and give this thoughtful well written and mind changing book a go.

 

This is not exactly biography and certainly she doesn't presume to be able to offer self-help advice.  But I found her thoughts on how we think about (and talk to) people that are outside our normal scope of things very insightful.

 

I enjoyed her first book – which was autobiographical – I posted about it here.  But this book is even better.

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I bought her first book for my daughter (she'd requested it as a birthday gift) and enjoyed that. I'll check this one out now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps, I hope you had a great Easter 👍😂😊🐇

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carole. You are right, no matter what your political view, you have to admire the book. I also loved both books by Michelle Obama and reviewed this one
    here. I'm not into self-help books at all but wouldn't consider this as one. She doesn't come across as a know-it-all as many of those books often do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers