Saturday 2 November 2019

Counties of the UK: Dorset




This is the next instalment of my  monthly feature going through the Counties of the UK in alphabetical order to check out things of interest.  I hope you enjoy it


Location – On the South-West coast of England.


Flag


County seat – Dorchester


Unusual village name - Shaggs



Flower – Dorset Heath


Signature foods – Dorset Apple Cake, Dorset Jugged Steak, Dorset Knobs


Famous places to visit – Durdle Door,  Bournemouth, Jurassic Coast, Lyme Regis



Famous people from Dorset – Thomas Hardy, John Le Carre

Go to this Pinboard to see the Counties of the UK.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Dorset now. Dorset knobs are hard and inedible. My favourite place name is Wool.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers