Friday 3 August 2018

Foodie Friday - Tears on my Pillow Pie




What a fabulous name for a Pie –Tears on my Pillow Pie is an Amish recipe.


As far as I can tell the pie is not related to the song Tears on My Pillow.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any definitive version as to how the pie got its name.  If you know of one, please let us know.

The recipe for the pie seems to be quite simple.

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell

Instructions

  1. In a large bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, flour and milk until well blended. Pour the filling into the pie shell.
  2. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 35 minutes.
  3. Turn off the oven and leave the pie for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Serves 6 to 8.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this. I'll have to try it and hopefully not end up with tears on my pillow!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers