Wednesday 20 July 2016

The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson



I've read and posted about Bill Bryson before – At Home.  His latest offering The Road to Little Dribbling is well worth a read.

It is a travel sort of book about his meanderings through the UK.  Absolutely laugh out loud in some places and entertaining throughout.

I don't think Mr Bryson and I would be good buddies however – he is unrelentingly cynical and curmudgeonly – which makes for a really funny read but maybe not someone that would suit me in person.

4 comments:

  1. I read this book and I agree with you. While some of the writing was quite good, I didn't like his condescending attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to read this book. Like you said, he makes us laugh and that is a precious gift. I have read many of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read his book about hiking through the east coast of America (they made a movie of it). He was funny in parts, but does have an attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the books around but never read anything of his. This sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers