Wednesday 15 August 2012

Open - If you only ever read one sports biography, make it this one





I am not a fan of books about sporting figures – but I am so glad I read this one.  Open by Andre Agassi was a truly compelling read. It did not consist of long descriptions of tennis tournaments.  It was more a journey through the thinking of a tennis player.  One real surprise was to discover just how much he hated playing tennis!  


This is an honest and insightful look into the realities of becoming a tennis player from a very young age.  In particular his relationship with his father who effectively forced him into tennis is an interesting read.


If you ever read a sporting autobiography – make it this one.




6 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting! I'm always looking for a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't like sports figure autobiographies either, unless it sounds interesting like this one! Thanks for sharing..I love a good book!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an avid reader but I haven't read this one, now I'll put it on my list. Followed you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give it a look...I remember when he had long hair and dated Barbara Streisand. I'll bet Andrew's is an interesting tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Quitting the Gym - I am a follower! Thanks for following as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol! I am following you now, thanks for finding me and inviting me! I LOVED the book Open too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers