Wednesday 15 August 2012

Need some inspiration? Try Fish and Seafood (Part I)




Well, it is Wednesday again so it is Need Inspiration time.

If you are looking for a new way to do fish or seafood, I suggest you look back at the Food on Friday: Fish and Seafood edition.  There are over 70 links there for all sorts of dishes.  And if you have any you would like to add, go for it – the list is still open for new entries.

There are so many super ideas and recipes there that I just couldn't whittle them down to 5 or 6 to feature this week.  So what I am doing is featuring 6 this week and another 6 next week.

First a fish dish – Stuffed Fillet of Sole by Sunday at the Giacomettis:

Stuffed Fillet of Sole


Now a lovely scallop dish – Scallops inTangerine Sauce by Squirrel Head Manor.

Scallops in Tangerine Sauce


And a super looking King Prawn Risotto by Jenny Eatwell's Rhubarb and Ginger 

King Prawn Risotto


And how about this yummy looking Open Lasagne of Crab, Lobster Bisque, Asparagus and Spinach by Nueva Cocina

Open Lasagne of Crab, Lobster Bisque, Asparagus and Spinach


And this spectacular Oven Roasted Salmon with Tomatoes and Asparagus by Inside a British Mum's Kitchen.

Oven Roasted Salmon with Tomatoes and Asparagus


And last but certainly not least, for today, is Baltimore Crab Cakes by Robin's Recipe Book.

Baltimore Crab Cakes


Part II of Need Some Inspiration: Try Fish and Seafood will be on next Wednesday.

I have also now made up a Pinboard for the links in Food on Friday: Fish and Seafood.  Click here if you would like to see it.

Hope you are all having a good week.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole!

    Thanks so much for following me and featuring my fish dish!! SO happy to follow you back and will so enjoy visiting your lovely blog :))
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! The oven roasted salmon looks FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Following you back from The Path to an Organized Tomorrow. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring our Prawnsotto. :) It really was a little bit special, that one - and so easy to make, too. I've Stumbled this page, as it's exactly the sort of page that I always hope to stumble across. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I'm following you back. These look like fantastic ideas, I love the prawn risotto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't I wish seafood was readily accessible to us here on the prairies .... we love it! All those recipes had me almost drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel honored that you would add my scallops to your Inspiration post! Thank you! I have not been online in a few days (so embroiled in a book) and have been slow to check things out. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers