Wednesday 7 June 2023

Books You Loved: June Edition!

 


 

Books You Loved: May Edition provided reviews of some great books. Thank you to all. Here are some posts that caught my eye:

 

Melissa shared her Goodreads review of Hello Stranger by Katherine Center.  She said 'I just loved everything about this novel. It was a refreshing and interesting story, and I found myself laughing and getting teary-eyed.'

 

Melissa also posted  about Fifth Avenue Glamour Girl by Renee Rosen. She said it 'truly sparkles. I learned a lot about Estee Lauder and the story was really empowering and inspiring.'

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews also brought us Fifth Avenue Glamour Girl by Renee Rosen.  She said 'another entertaining, well-researched read by Ms. Rosen.'

Tracey of Carpe Librum posted about The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer.  She said 'Mortimer's imagination and creativity were a welcome surprise.  The duck jokes were a quack-up and the no-comment interview (page 100) made me read the entire scene to my husband so he could join in on the chuckles.

This five star rating is based purely on enjoyability. This book made me laugh out loud and I often found myself thinking about it during the day and looking forward to picking it up again each night.'

 

Thanks to Books I Think You Should Read we have Justice is Served  by Leslie Karst.  She ended up cooking for RBG!  The review said 'The book was interesting and engaging to read and live the life of the author for a year'

 

Now on to the Books You Loved: June Edition. There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

 

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

 

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard  to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 

 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the opportunity to share good books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I myself did not cook for RBG but the author of the book did! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three Sisters by Heather Morris is Book 3 in the Tattooist of Auschwitz series and is very, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved FIFTH AVENUE GLAMOUR GIRL.

    Thanks for this month's post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done. Thanks for the shout outs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, this month I have linked in the children's classic, Heidi by Johanna Spyri and the historical short stories collection, In the Shadow of Queens by Alison Weir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Late as always but I hope someone likes my contribution. Thanks for this, Carole.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers