Wednesday 30 November 2022

Bomb Shelter by Mary Laura Philpott

 


 

This is the second book by Mary Laura Philpott that I've read and is, if anything, even better.  If you are in the mood for a funny honest moving account of the family life of a slightly neurotic (my take) New York woman, then this is for you.

 

You'll understand why there is a turtle on the cover – don't worry.

 

The subtitle is "Love, Time and Other Explosives"

 

I found it wonderful.  I posted about her first book here.

 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun read. I need a 'fun' one, the last book I started scared me... 'Smart Angels' so I haven't read far into it and probably won't continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a fun read, thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers