Monday 31 October 2022

Sweet Dreams are Made of This by the Eurythmics - and it's the blog's 11th anniversary ... who would have thunk?

 


 

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree
I travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

 

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

 

Sweet Dreams was recorded in North London in 1983.  Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart wrote it.

 

This was the duo's big commercial breakthrough.  They used to be an item but unusually broke up as a couple but kept up with the music.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing they carried on with their music, they produced some excellent songs.

    Congrats to your blogiversary. I just celebrated my 12th. I am glad I got do know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 11 years! Good song to celebrate with.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers