Monday 3 October 2022

If I Could turn Back Time - Cher

 


 

If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that have hurt you
And you'd stay


I don't know why I did the things I did
I don't know why I said the things I said
Love's like a knife it can cut deep inside


Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes
I didn't really mean to hurt you
I didn't wanna see you go
I know I made you cry, but baby.


If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that've hurt you
And you'd stay

 

This great song was released in 1989. Diane Warren wrote it for her.  She wrote for other artists as well.  One year she had 7 hits by seven different artists on the singles chart at the same time!

 

Cher released a video of this song which was set on the USS Missouri and was so raunchy that MTV was only allowed to show it after 9pm.

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant song with a great text. Diane Warren is one of the best songwriters.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers