Wednesday 3 August 2022

Books You Loved: August Edition!

 


 

Books You Loved: July Edition again provided reviews of some great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few links that caught my eye:

 

Tina from Turn the Page reviewed Cold Grave by Jenny O'Brien.  She said 'I just love Jenny O'Brien.  She writes a great series which brings the characters to life and doesn't overdo the personal entanglements at the expense of the police investigation.

Detective Gaby Darin is a Welsh detective of Italian background, fiercely loyal to her team, job and a woman you'd want in your corner.'

I hadn't heard of this author so have now ordered the first in the series from the library.

 

Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan was reviewed by Liz of Books I Think You Should Read.  Her post said 'Mad Honey is a riveting novel of suspense, an unforgettable love story, and a moving and powerful exploration of the secrets we keep and the risks we take in order to become ourselves.'

 

Dorothy of The Nature of Things posted about Overboard by Sara Paretsky.  She said 'We can depend on Sara Paretsky for well-written and believable stories in a series that has never shied away from addressing the problems that beset Chicago and most big cities.' Based on her review I have just read this book – my first Paretsky for years – and it was a goodie!

 

Melissa linked in her Amazon review of Again, Rachel by Marian Keyes.  She said 'I read Rachel's Holiday a long time ago and it was great to revisit with Rachel and the Walsh family, as well as Luke. I felt like I was right back in Rachel's life, picking up where I left off. Marian Keyes did a good job of reminding readers what had happened in the past. It was definitely a page turner and an engaging story throughout.'

 

 

Now on to the Books You Loved: August Edition. There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

 

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky also makes you tick a box.

 

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard  to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 

 

Hope you have a lovely August and find lots of good books.

 

11 comments:

  1. I've given you a link to "Remarkably Bright Creatures" by Shelby Van Pelt. It's my only five-star read of the past month. I think some of your readers might enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tx had a lot going on, easy to keep track of who was who. unexpected outcome, never saw it coming
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout! Jodi Picoult's books are always great. And as always, thanks for hosting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good picks from last month.

    I'm looking forward to reading Mad Honey!!

    Happy August Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I both liked THE ISLAND by Adrian McKinty. It's a thriller with adventure and action early on in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out and I hope you like the Jenny O'Brien books. I loved the characters. Only brought you one book so far, The Family Game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most recently, I really loved What Moves The Dead. Gothic horror with Poe vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thrilled to join in this month! I am linking up Ruby Fever which was filled with magic and excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole, I've been on a Mary Stewart binge...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers