Wednesday 31 August 2022

A Lady's Guide to Fortune-Hunting by Sophie Irwin

 


 

I am always on the lookout for Regency romances that are like Georgette Heyer's – witty, clean and a romp.

 

Thanks to She Reads Novels and her post, I found Sophie Irwin's A Lady's Guide to Fortune-Hunting. I wouldn't have been attracted to it because of the cover – just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

 

The heroine is Kitty who has 4 sisters and their parent die leaving lots of debt.  She decides to go to London for the Season and try to find a well-off husband who will save her family.  She doesn't pretend to be well off.

 

It was a good read.  Not exactly like Heyer but well written.  For a debut novel by a young writer it was very good and I look forward to her next novel.

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds interesting to me, and you are reminding me to read some Georgette Heyer's books, I haven't read any by her.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers