Wednesday 10 November 2021

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain


This book is unusual and engrossing.  A 16 year old girl gets infatuated with an older man and as a result ends up on the wrong side of the law.  Remembering mistakes I made at this age, luckily without the dire consequences, the actions of CeeCee are understandable but still stupid.

 

It took me a while to work out how the different protagonists were related to each other (or not).  If I'd paid a bit more attention to the time frames and names used early on, I would have cottoned on a bit faster.

 

The action spans more than 20 years and never gets boring.

 

I have posted about 3 other books by this author - The Stolen Marriage The Dream Daughter and  Big Lies in a Small Town

2 comments:

  1. I’ve only read The Dream Daughter and I liked it. I’ll have to check out more of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your phrase 'cottoned on!' We say that here in Texas, too!!
    As in I really cottoned up to something.....like your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers