Tuesday 2 November 2021

76 trombones led the big parade

  


Seventy six trombones led the big parade,
With a hundred & ten cornets close at hand.
They were followed by rows and rows,
Of the finest virtuosos,
The cream of every famous band.


Seventy six trombones caught the morning sun,
With a hundred & ten cornets right behind.
There were over a thousand reeds,
Srpinging up like weeds,
There were horns of every shape & size.

 

There were copper bottom timpani in horse platoons,
Thundering, thundering, all along the way.
Double bell euphoniums and big bassoons,
Each bassoon having its big fat say.

 

 

We're back to 1957 with this old tune.  It was written for a musical – The Music Man.  It's such a happy tune.

2 comments:

  1. I immediately started hearing the tune when I read the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This immediately made me start thinking about my high school band days. I played trombone... but there were only 4 or 5 of us, not 76.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers