Tuesday 23 February 2021

Beetroot Avocado & Bok Choy Salad


 

I gave this Beetroot, avocado and bok choy salad a go.  I think I could have assembled it more stylishly but the taste was ok.  I did have to pre-cook both the bok choy and the beetroot.

 

Next time I would probably use canned baby beets because the roasting took forever – and didn't taste any better to me.

 

To prepare the bok choy I just took the leaf part – keeping the stems to use in a stir fry.  I then wilted them in boiling water for less than a minute and then refreshed them in a bowl of cold water.  After draining them I spread them out on kitchen paper to dry.  (I think baby spinach would work well as well)

 

I roasted the beetroot wrapped in tinfoil with a little olive oil.

 

Once the beetroot was cooked and cool enough to handle I cubed it up – getting my hands stained in the process.  Note to self – wear disposable gloves next time.

 

I plated it up by putting a layer of bok choy then cubes of beetroot and avocado (also cubed and with some lemon juice)

 

A splash of extra virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper and it was good to go.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers