Wednesday 4 November 2020

Books You Loved: November Edition

  


Books You Loved: October  provided reviews of great books. We had 58 links! Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

 

Airborne by DiAnn Mills was reviewed by Genre Reviews.  Debbie's post said 'The story had some eerie parallels to the current COVID-19 outbreak, but it had many differences. It was about a quick acting, deadly virus that was being used as a weapon… The characters were interesting, engaging, and complex with a lot of depth. They dealt with realistic problems in addition to the suspense elements. ' I am on the elibrary waiting list for this one.

 

The President Factor by Pat Obermeier was brought over by Books I Think You Should Read.  The review said 'While Senator Reyes originally proposes a reality-show-style presidential contest as a sort of joking comment,…Before he knows it, he’s picked his VP and a couple cabinet members to compete alongside him on The President Factor. On paper, this may have seemed like a way to really see how the major party’s presidential candidates handle the proposed catastrophe. …Overall, this was an entertaining read that may seem to be hitting close to home in parts.'

 

Happiness For Beginners by Katherine Center was reviewed by Melissa.  She said 'This is the fourth book I've read by Katherine Center and it's clear she can do no wrong when it comes to writing fabulous novels.'

 

Finishing up with some non-fiction , When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi.  Based on the Doing Dewey review I have read this one.  And was glad to have done so although I needed a hankie at times.  The review said 'This is one of the most moving, profound nonfiction books I’ve had the honor of reading. The fact that author Paul Kalanithi wrote this book while suffering from a cancer diagnosis he received at only 36 years old and that he passed away before publication adds a real poignancy to his memoir.'

 

Now on to the November edition.  There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

 

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky now also makes you tick a box.

 

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  

 

Let's all have some fun!

 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the email, happy november, we are almost done with this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Airborne around but have not been brave enough to read it in light of the current situation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know any of the featured books, but I'm going to check them out.

    THANKS for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a few that I would like and some I will be reading.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carole 👋For this month, I have linked my reviews of the two historical-fictions: The Cottingley Secret by Hazel Gaynor and Katharina: Deliverance by Margaret Skea. Happy reading in November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late as always. This month, I chose an oldie but goldie. Just read Peyton Place and loved it.

    Happy Reading, everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers