Saturday 21 December 2019

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center




Just so you know, this great book is heading onto my Top 20 Book top tab – I haven't decided yet what to take off that list – but it is a winner.

This is not the first book by Katherine Center I have read – for my post about How to Walk away, click here.

The heroine in this book is simply delightful – a firefighter, strong, sassy, spirited and a survivor. She was abandoned by her mother on the day she turned 16.

Now, she is guilted into moving to live with her mother who has sight issues – she also had run into a bit of strife at her old unit – the scene where that happens is a real gem!

Often hilarious and sometimes heart-rending – but in a good way.

I loved every bit of this book – with the exception of a few paragraphs in the Epilogue where I felt slightly lectured – but that just might have been the mood I was in.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I've seen the book around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always glad to here of a book that makes the Top 20 of a reader I follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting. I will definitely put this on my wishlist. Thanks, Carole.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers