Friday 20 September 2019

A New Zealand book every kid should read before the age of 12 - Genesis by Bernard Beckett




The New Zealand Book Council came up with a list of books by New Zealanders that they reckon every kid should have read by the age of 12.  I decided to check out the ones I haven't read and post about the ones I agreed were good (in no particular order).

I am so glad this series of posts meant that I got to read Genesis.  Wow!  This is a very different sort of book.  Not only in its subject matter but also its construction – and the twist at the end – killer!

I won't tell you too much more for fear of spoilers – but this book is set well into the future and the story is set in the context of a 4 hour interview.  Sound boring… well it is the opposite.

This book will get you thinking for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers