Friday 26 July 2019

A New Zealand book every kid should read before the age of 12 - Old MacDonald's Farm illustrated by Donovan Bixley




The New Zealand Book Council came up with a list of books by New Zealanders that they reckon every kid should have read by the age of 12.  I decided to check out the ones I haven't read and post about the ones I agreed were good (in no particular order).


This lovely board book illustrates the old nursery rhyme.  The illustrations are bright and very funny.  And in addition there is a bird hidden in every picture for readers to find.

Note the pig putting a curler on his tail!

Young kids will enjoy this one while the adult reading it will enjoy the quirkiness of the illustrations.

1 comment:

  1. This is just too cute. I am sure my sons would have enjoyed it tremendously if we had had that book when they were little. Well, maybe one day I'll have grandchildren ....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers