Wednesday 5 December 2018

Books You Loved: December Edition




Books You Loved: November continued to provide reviews of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews brought over The Girl From Berlin by Ronald G Balson.  Her post said 'Magnificent, marvelous, heart wrenching, and should be given high praise are perfect descriptions of THE GIRL FROM BERLIN.  5/5'  I'm currently reading this one and agree that it is a goodie.

Melissa reviewed The Wartime Sisters by Lynda Cohen Loigman and said 'I  couldn't get enough of The Wartime Sisters and I didn't want it to end. Lynda combined sibling rivalry, Judaism, history, and women's issues during World War II to create a mesmerizing story. She really captured the feel of the early 1940's and I got a glimpse of what it was like to be on the home front during a time of enormous strife in the world.'

All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews was brought over by Judy of Keep the Wisdom.  Judy said 'Sometimes a novel has so much heart, is so full of love, humor and good cheer in the face of hard times, that when I finish reading it I feel I have been given a huge gift I didn't even know I needed or wanted. All My Puny Sorrows was such a novel for me.'

Dorothy from The Nature of Things posted about Transcription by Kate Atkinson.  She said 'Atkinson has spun a rousing good tale. Call it a spy thriller, a mystery, or literary fiction, or better yet, don't try to categorize it at all; just go where the narrative takes you.'

Finally something quirky … Quirky Berkeley by Tom Dalzell was reviewed by Captivated Reader. The post said 'I loved reading every single page of this book. It's a work of nonfiction and deals with local history in Berkeley, California... More specifically it deals with the very quirky artwork found in the yards of those who reside in Berkeley, California...'

Now on to the December edition.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky now also makes you tick a box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  It also has links from previous years…


17 comments:

  1. Thank you for highlighting one of my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Others gave up on them but not their new teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the heads up, happy holidays all

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This month, I have linked in the new, Viking murder mystery, Kin by Snorri Kristjansson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Ronald Balson's books.

    So happy to see you are enjoying it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just linked The Corset by Laura Purcell and it's one of my Top 5 favourite books of 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And for some non fiction and something a little different, I've linked It's All A Game - A Short History of Board Games by Tristan Donovan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE DREAM DAUGHTER and THE TATTOOIST FROM AUSCHWITZ are both great books but very different. I believe any mother would absolutely love reading THE DREAM DAUGHTER. The other was my husband's favorite read for November about how the Jewish tattooist who found love during his time at a concentration camp doing what he felt he had to do to survive--tattooing the numbers on the Jews at the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a great gathering! Thanks for opening the door!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'So many wonderful books! Thank you for hosting! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for mentioning me! I will have more for you before the month is over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm soooo late but I hope you will forgive me. I had some terrible months, husband in hospital, sick myself.

    But I'm grateful that you do this and keep sending me the invites. I hope the next year will be better than this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers