Wednesday 7 November 2018

Books You Loved: November Edition




Books You Loved: October continued to provide reviews of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

Tina from Novel Meals wrote about Lethal White by Robert Galbraith.  She said 'The multiple cases and how they were juggled kept my interest, I don’t know how Galbraith/Rowling keeps all that straight and weaves it all together.'  The author is, of course, JK Rowling – so very talented.

Dorothy from The Nature of Things brought us Presidio by Randy Kennedy.  She said 'Presidio is a terrific example of Texas noir, with an engaging and somewhat unexpected main character who is a professional car thief.'  I read this one based on her review and enjoyed it a whole lot.


Melissa reviewed The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain.  She said 'The Dream Daughter is an excellent story. It kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next and worrying about the characters when I had to step away to attend to real life. Sometimes I thought I knew what was going to happen, but then I'd get thrown for a loop. Diane's writing drew me in and didn't let go. I am still thinking about it almost two weeks later!'

Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews posted about The Lost Carousel of Provence  by Juliet Blackwell.  She said 'A charming, heart-warming read…The characters were lovely, and the story line was creative, uplifting, and positive…France, carousels, lovable characters, and a marvelous story line. '

Now on to the November edition.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 


18 comments:

  1. Had about 42 read last month, tx for the email.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 42 books read? That is amazing...congrats!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Whoa, I'm impressed with the fact that you've read 42 books in a single month!!

      Delete
    4. 42 books in a month, woah, that's amazing!! That's more than 1 a day, how do you do it?

      Delete
  2. Yippee that it is time for this awesome monthly post, but time goes too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, this month I have linked in the spooky Cauldstane by Linda Gillard and the dystopian Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, the second book in Collins' Hunger Games trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first Spark of Light review accidentally linked to the wrong review. Can you remove it? Thanks!
    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Carole! Great to be joining the party here once again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love sharing about books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I both read LET ME LIE but I enjoyed the BARTERED BRIDE ROMANCE COLLECTION more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Carole. I do enjoy linking up & checking out the books others read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Carol. I'm so glad you read Presidio and that you liked it. It's always a pleasure to meet a new and very good writer. This month I've given you links to four remarkable books that I read in October and they are by four remarkable women writers. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added The Au Pair by Emma Rous. That was pretty good. Thank you for sharing the Lethal White review :-) She's an excellent writer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love DREAM DAUGHTER by Diane Chamberlain too! I finished it the last day in November so guess I should have waited for the December edition to come up. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers