Tuesday 13 February 2018

Piquant red pepper sauce with pork



Carole's Chatter: Piquant red pepper sauce that goes well with pork


The sauce went very well with these pork chops.  To make the piquant red pepper sauce, I simmered up:

Chargrilled capsicum (red bell pepper) (I used one out of a jar)
Garlic
½ little hot red chilli
A good squirt of tomato sauce (ketchup)
Salt and pepper
A splash of white wine vinegar
A splash of extra virgin olive oil

When the flavours had melded after 10 minutes or so, I gave it a whizz up with my stick blender. 

The pork chops were tenderised – read bashed hard with a pestle wrapped in cling film – and then given a very quick sear in a pan for colour and then finished in the oven for about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge pork fan...so this would shake it up for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers