Monday 14 April 2014

Capital City of the Week – Talinn


 
Talinn is the capital of a country that only became independent in 1918-1920. 

 
This is Talinn's Town Hall Square.  Talinn has never been destroyed by war and so retains most of its old world charm. 

Ericsson has a large production unit in Talinn. 

 
One of Talinn's twin towns is Venice – although it is hard to see why – I found no evidence of gondolas and the like in Talinn! 

So where in the world is Talinn?

 

Talinn is the capital of:

 
And, in case you were wondering, Estonia is on the southern side of the Gulf of Finland.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite cities in the world! My Mom was born in Tallinn and lived there for three years when I was little. Still have some sweet memories about it...:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers