Wednesday 2 January 2013

Need some inspiration: Try Berries and Currants Part I




I had a wonderful time revisiting all the links in to Food on Friday: Berries and Currants and choosing which ones I would showcase.  The choice wasn't easy – some links will be showcased today and some more next week.
Olympic English trifle dessert 
I thought this Olympic English trifle dessert by Family Ever After was not only a clever idea, using the Olympic colours, but made a spectacular dish.

 Raspberry Pecan Nasturtium and Spinach Salad
This Raspberry Pecan Nasturtium and Spinach Salad by Noshing with the Nolands was an unusual combination of ingredients but it also looked spectacular.

BBQ Sauce made with Blueberries 
BBQ Sauce made with Blueberries sounded just great.  Thank you Starving Foodie.
Blackberry Cake 

Those pieces of Blackberry Cake look just perfect to me.  Hats off to Easy Recipes!
Blackberry Pie Bars 
And how about these Blackberry Pie Bars from Sugar Cookies to Peterbilts?  Just fab. (I had to Google to find out what a Peterbilt is!)


Blackcurrant Pancakes
 Caroline from All That I'm Eating did these fabulous Blackcurrant Pancakes!

That's all for this first part of Need Some Inspiration: Berries and Currants.  It isn't too late for more links to be put in and considered for showcasing in Part II, next Wednesday.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing our salad and I am following you back. Happy New Year from The Nolands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH that BBQ sauce made with blueberries sounds amazing! I will definitely look into making that. We love different ways of making chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature, Carol! Glad you found out what a Peterbilt is :) Peterbilts are a big part of our life, and are what helps keep the food on our table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring me in this Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers