Thursday, 17 January 2013

17 January - Solution for the last clue and the next cryptic crossword clue



A wanderer, some say, that gets up one's nose (5)
Solution – aroma

I love this clue. 

A = a (funny that!)

Wanderer = roamer

A + roma (being a word that sounds like roamer) = aroma which is a smell that of course "gets up one's nose".  A Roma is also a term sometimes used to describe gypsies or travellers so the clue works on that level as well.


Today’s cryptic crossword clue – solution tomorrow

I'm about to change gear and create an illusion (6)
Source of clue – The Sunday Mail

Hint – This is a charades clue which also contains an anagram


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Well, you've well and truly lost me now.

    But I loved the roamer LOL

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am lost! Have to think about this one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers