Tuesday 16 October 2012

Mexican style scramble




I was inspired to do this brunch dish by the collection of egg recipes in Food on Friday.  I called it a Mexican scramble.

I had some chorizo and was looking for a new way to do it.  First I removed the skin from the sausage and broke up the insides into pieces.  I then lightly sautéed them so some of the fat rendered out.  I removed the chorizo and put in chopped onions and gently fried them until they were translucent.

Then back in went the sausage meat together with a handful of raisins and a finely chopped red chilli (the long skinny ones).

I then lightly mixed my eggs with lots of pepper – I added this mixture into the pan and gently stirred until the egg was almost set.  Then tasted it to see if any more salt was needed.

Finally served on toast on warmed plates with chives on the top for garnish.  The result was eggs with a definite kick of chilli come meaty flavour.



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try this for a weekend brunch! It looks delicious:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Idea! You made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by & sharing this great recipe on my Munchin' On Mondays link party! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dishes like this. Makes for an easy tasty supper. Thanks you for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love perked up scrambled eggs....I have even thrown in a hot dog or two....Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very yummy, Carole ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers