Friday 24 August 2012

Tuna Marinated in soy sauce, garlic and ginger

Tuna marinated in soy sauce, garlic and ginger


I am so proud of the way this Marinated Tuna turned out.  I am not always successful with tuna but this was just perfectly cooked – moist and succulent – yum!

The marinade was:
Soy sauce
Ginger
Garlic
Brown sugar
Juice of a lemon
Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

Pretty simple – just the usual mix of oil, an acid, some saltiness and some aromatics.



I let it sit in the marinade for quite a while- say 30 minutes.  Then seared it in a hot pan for about a minute on each side and then finished it in the oven for 5 minutes.



I served it with the rest of the marinade on the side and with some lightly cooked brussel sprouts.



11 comments:

  1. such a great marinade! I make lots of teriyaki sauces from scratch using similar ingredients, have you ever tried?

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum. I am definitely going to try this! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love tuna, but I don't get to have it that often. Next time we have it I will definitely try it with your marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I love fresh tuna and that is a great marinade -- perfect for the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it would be good on salmon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks so fresh and rather healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fish, but for some reason I never buy tuna... maybe it's because in my head it'll forever come from little round cans!

    In any case, this dish looks delicious, and it makes me want to try grown-up tuna. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your marinade, I'm going to use it next time I make fish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole, perfect tuna! little pink in the middle. I always overcook it:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carole,
    This looks delish! I love the marinade you've made. Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Carole, Amazing as always. You are a magic worker.

    Thanks for all you do for us!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers