Sunday 24 June 2012

Simple cooking tip - getting roast chicken golden



All you wonderful cooks out there, don't read this!  For those of us still learning, here is another simple cooking tip

To get a nice golden colour on a roasted chicken, rub turmeric and oil onto its skin before cooking.  Turmeric doesn’t have much of a flvour but it is great for adding vibrant colour to dishes.  Use plastic gloves unless you want yellow fingers.

And as a pleasant add on, turmeric is supposed to be great for your health in all sorts of ways.



6 comments:

  1. Exactly - turmeric can give colour to every pale recipe. I use it in several rice recipes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tip. Been trying to figure out how to incorporate turmic into our diets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tumeric sounds like a good plan.
    I use Paprika mixed with a biscuit mix, on my chicken, when I am baking in the oven. Gives it a nice browned look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea. We're grilling chicken now, since it's summer here, but I think I'll add tumeric to the marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the tumeric! You come up with such good tips :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers