Saturday 3 December 2011

Prohibition - Ponsonby



We went to a function at Prohibition in Ponsonby Road.  It is a quirky old building on which a lot of money has been spent to create a period theme of 1920s nostalgia. 

Our party was in the library room upstairs which was a windowless encyclopedia lined room.  Initially I thought it might be a bit dark for me but actually the atmosphere created was quite special



The food was also good.  I had the Tartlet of blue cheese and caramelised onion with Szechuan pepper beef to start.  A good entrĂ©e made even better by the relative absence of any pastry.  A bit pricey at $28 I thought.

For the main I chose Duck Breast pan fried (European style), savoy cabbage, baby carrot finished with caper creme fraiche and blueberry.  This was a very tasty and attractive main – as it should have been at $42.

The service was impeccable, the setting indulgent including proper crystal glassware.  I would consider going back for a special occasion.



If you click the names below you will see what I have said about some other restaurants in Auckland.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers