Saturday 10 December 2022

Plum Island by Nelson Demille

 


 

Inspired by Turn The Page's post about a subsequent book in the series – The Maze – I ordered the first book in the series – Plum Island.  And it was a blast.

 

Some warnings though – this book is a wee bit dated technology wise and also non pc.  The main character (John Corey – a NYPD detective on leave) is quite unreconstructed.  As an example of both of these points – here is a joke from the book:

 

What's the difference between a woman and a computer?

 

A computer will accept a three and a half inch floppy

 

But the book itself is a real page turner.  It is set on Long Island.

2 comments:

  1. Demille is from Long Island. I don't know if you read THE GOLD COAST - it was my favorite of all the John Corey books.
    I lived in Sag Harbor and Plum Island wasn't far from us. I had friends and relatives who worked there.
    Hope you an your family have a wonderful holiday
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Those books did have some outdated jokes and the tehcnology was also dated. I liked Plum Island and happy you did as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers