Wednesday 7 December 2022

Books You Loved: December Edition!

 


 

Books You Loved: November  Edition again provided reviews of some great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few links that caught my eye:

 

Carol of Journey & Destination brought over an oldie but a definite goodie – These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer.  She said 'I enjoyed this story very much. It has a well-developed plot, exciting action and a dollop of history.'

 

 

Book Corner News & Reviews posted about Brotherhood by Fire by Lindy Bell.  Angela said 'The author's writing style creates an authentic and relatable novel with characters and scenes that draw readers within the first few pages. The novel is not an action novel--but it is a well-paced story that will draw you in and keep you invested all the way to the end--and beyond.'

 

 

The ever reliable Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews brought over 2 books that caught my eye –

 

The Forgotten Bookshop in Paris by Daisy Wood.  Her post said 'A lovely read that has some romance, mystery, history, and a chance to enjoy the city of lights both past and present.'

 

And she also posted about Crazy to Leave You by Marilyn Simon Rothstein.  She said 'CRAZY TO LEAVE YOU is very enjoyable and focuses on family and doing what’s right for yourself. …Not my usual genre, but I laughed out loud at some parts of the book, and I know you will too as you are reading.  5/5'

 

Now on to the Books You Loved: December Edition. The last one for the year! There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

 

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

 

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard  to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 

 

Hope you have a lovely December and Holiday season and find lots of good books!

 

9 comments:

  1. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all readers will love The Forgotten Bookshop in Paris by Daisy Wood.

    Crazy to Leave You by Marilyn Simon Rothstein is a fun read.

    Thanks for sharing the titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brought you three this time. Foster is a 5 star for me, lovely writing and it's surprisiing short. The Lost for Words Bookshop started slow but it's packed with secrets and revelations. It;s in a bookshop - how could I resist!!
    Twenty Years Later was intriguing, a body found twenty years after the Twin Towers in NYC collapsed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I loved The Lost For Words Bookshop. :)

      Delete
  4. tx for email. just back from west coast trip, catching up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to the party but I've given you links to three great books that I read in November. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just added one of my favourite reads of the year, probably one of my favourite series ever.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers