Wednesday 9 November 2022

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

 


 

I don't remember how I found out about this book, but am I glad.  It was a standout

 

It's a debut novel by a 64 year old – hope for us all yet!

 

It is very well written, funny and sad and perfectly set in its time (late 50's and the 60s)

 

You'll love the main character Elizabeth Zott – a true scientist who doesn't understand people who don't operate on logic.  She is treated poorly by several people – including one woman – these were the days when women were definitely regarded as not equal to men.

 

If you only read one book this year, make it this one.

4 comments:

  1. I will look for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great book and I couldn't put it down. Cook the Books is featuring this one for their April/May 2023 selection. Here is the link if you are interested:

    http://cookthebooksclub.blogspot.com/2022/10/announcement-our-next-four-selections.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in reading this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers