Sunday 7 August 2022

The Crown – Season 4

 


 

So I don't have Netflix, but in between Wimbledon and the Commonwealth Games I managed to watch the complete Season 4 of The Crown on DVD (from the library).

 

I can't say it was a lighthearted easy watch.  The series mostly dwelt on the hardships during Thatcher's Britain and contrasted them with the problems facing the Royal Family.

 

I felt that the makers of the programme had a real dislike of Prince Charles – I find it hard to believe he was so totally awful.

 

Gillian Anderson was terrific as Margaret Thatcher. 

 

The season finishes with Charles and Diana's marriage in real trouble but they haven't yet separated.

 

 

If there is a season 5 (said to be released in November), I will watch it but hope it will be more tightly directed.

1 comment:

  1. Someday I'll get back into this. I did season 1 and 2

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers