Monday 25 July 2022

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet by Bachman-Turner Overdrive

 


 

I met a devil woman
She took my heart away
She said, I've had it comin' to me
But I wanted it that way
I think that any love is good lovin'
So I took what I could get, mmh
Oooh, oooh she looked at me with big brown eyes

And said,
You ain't seen nothin' yet
B-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet
Here's something that you never gonna forget
B-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet

 

Taking you to 1974 today.  Can you believe that the name of the album was King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Bachman-Turner Overdrive 1974!  Now there's a catchy title – not!

 

The track was originally not intended for publication – it used a stutter sequence – poking fun at the writer's brother.  But it ended up on the album.  All because of its fabulous catchy hook.

 

 

The band was Canadian.  The name used their then surnames and the name of a trucker magazine which they happened to see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers