Wednesday 20 July 2022

The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman

 


 

I try to keep a record of where I pick up book recommendations from but in this case I don't have one.  So, however, I stumbled across this quirky book, I am glad to report that I enjoyed it very much.

 

I call the book quirky because it is set in a retirement village with some people with varied backgrounds end up putting their talents to work to solve local murders.

 

It is the quirkiness of the characters that pull you in. The book overall is jaunty and filled with dry wit.  There is a bit of sadness but also quite a few surprises.

 

There is a sequel, which I have now ordered from the library – The Man Who Died Twice.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one! I am going to start going to the library again so I can check out some of your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the author. He's a British producer, presenter, ... Jack of all Trades. I've read The Thursday Murder Club and his next book is already on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers