Sunday 10 July 2022

The Key To Deceit by Ashley Weaver (Electra McDonnell 2)

 


 

I read the first in this series and am surprised to see that I didn't post about it.  It was a goodie – A Peculiar Combination.

 

The second was even better.  I hope the series will continue because there are some loose ends – not the least Electra's relationships and what was the truth about her mother.

 

So what can I tell you without spoiling the plot.  Electra comes from a safecracking family.  It's just at the beginning of WWII.  She and her uncle are forced to work for the Government.

 

In this second novel, she gets involved in breaking into a bank and then dealing with some dastardly German spies.

 

This is a very clever novel.  It leaves you wondering about relationships but nothing more than chaste kisses happen.  Quite frustrating but fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good series! You must be a fast reader! I must be a slow one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this now and I'm enjoying it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers