Wednesday 27 July 2022

Elizabeth of York: The Last White Rose by Alison Weir

 


 

I sometimes find Alison Weir's books a bit dense and boring.  But based on the reviews by Carpe Librum and Reading The Past, I gave this first book of a new trilogy a go.

 

It took a while to get engrossed.  For me the first third of the book could have done with some substantial editing but once I was past that it was a gripping story.  And I was able to have some confidence that the author pretty much stuck to history rather than invention.

 

So if you want to know about the mother of Henry VIII, you need to read this book.

3 comments:

  1. I've read just one of this author's books I will look out for this one,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carole. I've wondered about this author for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers