Wednesday 8 June 2022

The Swift and the Harrier by Minette Walters

 


 

Thanks to Tracey from Carpe Librum, I gave this book by Minette Walters a go.  I had tried one of hers before but found it too grim being set during the Black Death.

 

This one was a pearler.  Set during the English Civil War its main protagonist is Jayne Swift (hence the Swift in the title) and another character uses the name Harrier amongst others.

 

It was a cracking story and also helped me find out things about the Civil War that I didn't know.

 

If you like historical fiction, don't miss this one.  Loved the cover too.

1 comment:

  1. You have me interested with your comment so I will add to the Goodreads list.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers