Wednesday 1 June 2022

Books You Loved: June Edition!

 
 


Books You Loved: May Edition again provided reviews of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few links that caught my eye:

 

Thanks to Tracey of Carpe Librum, I found out about The Swift and the Harrier by Minette Walters.  I got it from the library – a great historical read.  Tracey's post said 'The Swift and the Harrier by Minette Walters was such a joy to read. Expertly researched and wonderfully written, the book opens in Dorset in 1642 and finishes there seven years later in 1649. Those who know their history will recognise this period as the English Civil War'

 

Tracey also reviewed Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir – another fab read.  Her post said 'I'm pleased, relieved and excited to report that Project Hail Mary is a triumphant return to form for Andy Weir and I loved it! … Project Hail Mary is a science fiction space thriller'

 

Mrs England by Stacey Halls was brought over by Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews.  She said 'If you enjoy spending time with wealthy families in Edwardian England and feel an undertone of danger as you turn every page, be sure to add MRS. ENGLAND to your reading list.'

 

Finally, Melissa reviewed Here's To Us  by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera on Goodreads.  She said 'This was a very thick novel, coming in at 461 pages. However, I was so enthralled and entertained the entire time that the pages just flew by and before I knew it, I had finished. There were moments I would laugh out loud and others where I'd hold my breath because they were so incredible.'

 

Now on to the Books You Loved: June Edition. There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

 

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky also makes you tick a box.

 

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 

 

Hope you have a lovely June and find lots of good books.


8 comments:

  1. Done. Thanks for the shout-out, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tx for the email, not many read but they were powerful ones.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good picks...thanks for featuring Mrs. England....LOVED IT!!

    Her book are always good,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked in a few this month :-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. This month I have linked in my review for the utterly charming Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery. Happy June reading! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love historical fiction and Edward Rutherfurd has been one of my favourite authors for this kind of genre for a long time. China was a little different from his other novels but still brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers