Monday 2 May 2022

I Love Rock & Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

 
 


Taking you back to 1981.  This was a cover version.  The song was originally released in 1975 by The Arrows – a British band I've never heard of.

 

I saw him dancing there by the record machine
I knew he must have been about 17
The beat was going strong, playing my favorite song
I could tell it wouldn't be long 'till he was with me
Yeah me
I could tell it wouldn't be long 'till he was with me
Yeah me

 

Singing I love rock and roll
So put another dime in the jukebox baby
I love rock and roll
So come and take your time and dance with me

 

This song has been described as 'elemental' – whatever that means…  but it is a strong performance with a very catchy hook.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers