Monday 16 May 2022

Build Me Up Buttercup by the Foundations

 
 


Why do you build me up (Build me up)
Buttercup, baby
Just to let me down? (Let me down)
And mess me around
And then, worst of all (Worst of all)
You never call, baby
When you say you will (Say you will)
But I love you still
I need you (I need you)
More than anyone, darling
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (Build me up)
Buttercup, don't break my heart

 

What a great tune this is.  It dates waay back to 1968.  I have no recollection of the band at all.  They only lasted about 3 years and this was their most popular song.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!!! I was20 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started singing that as soon as I read your title!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers