Wednesday 23 March 2022

The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin

 



 

Does a book about 2 terminally ill patients – one old and one young sound like a downer?  Well this most certainly is not.  Yes, you will cry good tears at the end – but along the way there is much fun and laughter to be had.

 

Do read this book – Lenni (the youngster) and Margot (the oldie) are both unforgettable.

 

This is a beautifully written debut novel – I hope it's the start of many.

 

The writer is English and was born in 1990 – so is a relatively young thing.

 

I found out about this winner from Book Reviews by Linda Moore  - thanks to her review – and a big thank you to her too.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one. I am intrigued in spite of the serious subject.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers