Wednesday 16 March 2022

The Last Trial by Scott Turow

 



 

The Last Trial is centred around a criminal trial.  The lawyer is elderly and this is going to be his last case.  His junior (co-counsel) is his adult daughter.

 

At first I thought this was going to be a bit slow or ordinary.  But the story soon grabbed me.

 

The defendant is a Nobel Prize winner.  He is being charged with a number of serious crimes, including murder.  It all turns on what happened during the trial of a new cancer drug.

 

The stuff about getting FDA approvals was interesting, probably a bit simplified.  Give the Covid vaccine development I probably had more interest than I would have pre-pandemic.

 

There are a few twists and turns I didn't see coming…

 

Thanks to BooksPlease whose post inspired me to read this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers