Sunday 6 February 2022

The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin

  


The Last Bookshop in London was a fine example of a novel set in WWII London.  It didn't try to have a broad sweep across events but instead focused on one particular community dealing with the blitz.

 

It was a very satisfying read.  Very emotional at times but ultimately reassuring about the spirit of the British public.

 

Thanks to Sam Still Reading and The Reading Life for their reviews which led me to reading this great book.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Reminds me a little of 84, Charing Cross Road but only because of the topic of no more bookshops during the war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for featuring this. Read Sam's review and have it on my To Read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on hold for this one at the library!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers