Monday 10 January 2022

Shona Laing – (Glad I'm) Not A Kennedy

 
 


Do you know this 1985 song?  The artist is a Kiwi.  Shona Laing was born in 1955 – a vintage year!

 

Living on through politics
Body-guarded, heart in bits
A blue-eyed honesty
Indigo injury
The family tree is felled
Bereavement worn so well
Giving up on certainty
Wilderness society

 

Wearing the fame like a loaded gun
Tied up with a rosary
Ooh, I'm glad I'm not a Kennedy

 

Imagine being a Kennedy
Rule without remedy
To watch your family die
The world loves a sacrifice
Prophets longing for the three
Honoring the tragedy
They hunger for the crime
The privilege to take a life

 

Wearing the fame like a loaded gun
Tied up with a rosary
Ooh, I'm glad I'm not a Kennedy
Glad I'm not a Kennedy

 

I have to agree that being a member of a famous and tragic family would not at all be beer & skittles.

1 comment:

  1. The saga of the Kennedy family is so tragic, isn't it? They have fascinated so many of my generation for years. Just sad to think of the legacy and the lost hopes and dreams for their family. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers