Wednesday 22 December 2021

The Light of Luna Park by Addison Armstrong

 


The setting/storyline of this book was quite special so I decided to post about it.  I can't promise fantastic writing – and there are dual timelines – which aren't my fave.  

 

In 1926 New York a nearly qualified nurse faced with non-interest by doctors or parents decides to take a preemie baby to a side show at Luna Park where a 'doctor' is saving babies using incubators etc.

 

Apparently this 'show' was real.  The treatment was funded by charging the public fees to look at the little babies.  Quite extraordinary when viewed through today's eyes.

 

To find out what happened to the baby and to her parents, you'll need to read the book.

 

Thank you to Book Reviews by Linda Moore for contributing her review to Books You Loved August.  I'm glad I read this one.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers